This TRC Hot Topic webinar features an expert panel discussion about the identification and treatment of hypertension. Listen as Sandra Taler, MD and Suzanne Oparil, MD, FACC, FAHA, FASH, FAPS, along with other panelists, answer common clinical questions about the new ACC/AHA hypertension guidelines, including:
- Why did ACC/AHA lower the BP goal to <130/80 mmHg?
- Why has the threshold for diagnosing hypertension been lowered?
- How does the ACC/AHA CV risk estimator impact decisions about treatment of hypertension?
- What are exceptions to a BP goal of <130/80 mmHg?
- Which BP meds should be used?
- How should mismatches between office and home BP readings be managed?
- How can you help patients better manage home BP measurement and monitoring?